Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Blessing or A Curse?

"Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today; and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known.” (Deuteronomy 11:26-28; NKJV)

Created in His image, each of us has the freedom to choose. The Creator has set before us a choice. He would have us see fully how desirable the blessing, how dreadful the curse. I am free to be a blessing. I am free to be a curse.

A Blessing. Am I a blessing to my Father in Heaven? Am I a blessing to my Savior? Am I a blessing to the Spirit? Am I a blessing to the Kingdom? Am I a blessing to my family? Am I a blessing to my neighbor? Am I building people up? Am I leading others to Jesus? Am I a blessing?

A Curse. Am I a curse to GOD? Am I a curse to the Kingdom? Am I a curse to my family? Am I a curse to my neighbor? Am I building people up or am I tearing them down? Am I leading others to Jesus or causing them to flee from Him? Am I a curse?

The Choice. I am free to choose. Free to choose to be a blessing. Free to build up others. Free to praise my Father. Free to be spent for the Kingdom’s sake. I am free to choose to be a blessing to you.

Beloved, choose wisely: “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them." (Deuteronomy 30:19-20; NKJV)

Jason