Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Live in the I AM

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.” (Exodus 3:14; NKJV)

The personal name of GOD is I AM, a Hebrew verb that means “to be.” GOD is. He is eternal. He is from everlasting to everlasting, the great I AM.

Allow the words of Helen Mallicoat encourage you…

I was regretting the past

and fearing the future.

Suddenly my Lord was speaking:

“My name is I AM…”

He paused.

I waited. He continued,

“When you live in the past

with its mistakes and regrets,

it is hard. I am not there.

My name is not I WAS.

When you live in the future,

with its problems and fears,

it is hard. I am not there.

My name is not I WILL BE.

When you live in the monet,

it is not hard. I am here.

My name is I AM.”

Jason