Monday, December 27, 2010

Know Him, Follow Him, Share Him

Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me” (Luke 9:23; NKJV).

I've written these three points on the last page of my Bible. They help me stay focused. I hope they will help you.
Know Him. Paul sacrificed everything "for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:8; NKJV). To "know Him and the power of His resurrection" was the emphasis of the Apostle's life (Philippians 3:10; NKJV). My Father will reward me if I "diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6; NKJV). “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent” (John 17:3; NKJV).
Follow Him. Christ has called me to deny myself, to take up my cross, and to follow Him on a daily basis (Luke 9:23). I am to follow His thinking, His speech, His behavior. I am to follow Him in everything - "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" (Colossians 3:17; NKJV).
Share Him. When I come to Him He calls me to "go" for Him - "God therefore and make disciples of all the nations" (Matthew 28:19, NKJV). Go tell everyone who will listen who I am, what I did, what I am doing, and what I am going to do. Sharing Christ with others is the primary purpose of the disciple of Christ.
Father, let us come to know you more fully. Help us to follow your Son more closely. Bless us with the courage to share Him more boldly. Strengthen us by Your Spirit. In Him, Amen.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment